英语哲理(推荐4篇)
老大不小
2024-02-09 06:16:58
其它
其它

英语哲理(1)

你的人生到目前为止,是怎么样的,你的人生,以后又会是怎么样的?呵!谁能知道。这不是人生最精彩的地方吗?你永远不知道下一刻会发生什么。下面是小编为你整理的关于英语人生哲理文章,希望对你有用!

A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train’s window shouted…

一个24岁的男孩子望着车窗外,大声说……

-“Dad, look the trees are going behind!”

-“爸爸,看,那些树在后退!”

Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, looked at the 24 year old’s childish behavior with pity, suddenly he again exclaimed…

爸爸笑了。一对坐在附近的年轻夫妇看着这个24岁的男孩子,为他的幼稚行为感到可惜。突然,男孩子再次呼喊道……

-“Dad, look the clouds are running with us!”

-“爸爸,看,云朵在跟着我们一起跑!”

The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man…

那对夫妇忍不住对这位老先生说……

-“Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?” The old man smiled and said…“I did and we are just coming from the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today.”

-“您为什么不带儿子去看医生呢?”老先生笑着说……“我带他看过医生了,我们刚从医院回来,我的儿子一出生就失明了,他今天才重获光明。”

Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judge people before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.

在这个世界上,每个人都有一个故事。不要在你真正了解别人之前就去评判他们。真相可能会让你大吃一惊。

“Joe, did you book your ticket yet?” I asked.

我问:“乔,你订票了吗?”

“No. I changed my mind. I’m not going to go.”

“没有,我改主意了,我不打算去了。”

“What? You aren’t going to Australia? We’ve been planning this vacation for months!”

“什么?你决定不去澳大利亚了吗?我们已经为这个度假准备了几个月啊。”

“Yeah, I don’t feel like it. We’ll go some other time.”

“是的,我不想去了。我们以后再去吧。”

Over the coming weeks, I attempted to get my friend to reconsider, but to no avail. When Joe changed his mind, he changed his mind. Our trip to Australia – our big post-college adventure – was off. And none of my friends wanted to replace him. If I wanted to travel, it would have to be on my own.

接下来的几个星期里,我试着让朋友再重新考虑一下,但没有奏效。乔改变了想法和决定。我们去澳大利亚的旅程,也是我们的毕业旅行,泡汤了。其他朋友里面也没有想替代乔的人。如果我想去旅行,我一定要自己一个人去。

It’s a pattern that has repeated itself over the years. While a few people have joined me along the way. But when it comes down to the wire, something always comes up, they’re suddenly too busy, or they get cold feet and change their mind.

这种模式已经持续了好多年。有人想和我一起旅行,但到了准备出发的那一刻,总有些麻烦出现,他们太忙了或者临阵退缩再就是改变主意了。

It’s taught me that if I wait for others, I’ll never go anywhere.

这教会了我,如果再继续等别人,那我哪里都去不了了。

But there are places I want to go, people to see, experiences to have, and food to try — and only so much time to accomplish it all.

但是有些地方我想去,有些人我想见,有些经历我想体验,有些美食我想去品尝……只有这么点时间来完成这一切。

So I refuse to wait – I won’t let others keep me from realizing my dreams.

因此我拒绝等待——我不想别人陪我实现梦想。

It can bescary traveling alone – especially when you’ve never done it before. But, to me, growing old without experiencing everything you want from life is scarier.

一个人独自旅行会很害怕,特别是如果你之前没有这样做过。但是,对我来说,随着年龄的增长,人生中想体验的却没有去经历会更可怕。

If you’ve been putting off a trip because you’re waiting for someone to go with – stop. Just go. Don’t let others hold you back from your dreams. Trust me, along the way you’ll make plenty of friends – from other solo travelers who thought “Screw it, if I don’t go, I’ll never go” to locals interested in meeting new people. You’re never alone when you travel.

如果你已经因为等待某人而推迟了旅行,那么拒绝等他吧。出发去旅行,不要让任何人阻碍你追寻梦想的脚步。相信我,一路上你会遇到很多朋友——从其他觉得“算了,如果我不去就再也不会去了”的独自旅行的人,到对新面孔充满好奇的当地人。独自旅行一路上并不孤单。

More than that, solo travel gives you ultimate freedom. You wake up and it’s just you – what you want, where you want, when you want. In that freedom and infinite space of possibility, you meet yourself. You hit the limits of what you like and don’t like. There’s no one to pull you in any one direction or override your reasons. Want sushi? Get sushi. Want to leave? Leave. Want to try bungee jumping? Go for it.

不止那些,独自旅行会给你无尽的自由。起床,全部由你来做决定——想要什么、想去哪里、什么时候做什么,都听自己的。自由世界,无穷尽的自由,你遇见的是你自己。喜欢什么、不喜欢什么自己来决定。没有人会把你朝某个方向推或是否决你。想吃寿司?那就去吃吧。想走了?那就走吧。想去玩蹦极?那就去吧。

It’s sink or swim and you have to learn how to survive – who to trust, how to make friends, how to find your way around alone. That’s the greatest reward of solo travel – the personal growth. Each time you go away, you learn to become a little more independent, confident, and in tune with your emotions and desires.

潜水或游泳,你要学会如何生存——该相信谁、怎样交朋友、一个人如何找路。独自旅行最大的奖励的就是个人的成长。每出行一次,你都会变得更独立、自信、遵从内心和欲望。

Solo travel is not for everyone. Some people return home soon after departing, others cry for weeks before embracing it, and some just embrace it right away. But you’ll never learn that if you don’t travel once by yourself. Whether a weekend away, a two-week vacation or trip around the world, try it at least once.

独自旅行不是针对每一个人。有些人出发没多久就立马回家,有些人在出发之前会哭很久,也有一些人会立刻接受独自旅行。但是如果你从未有过独自旅行的经历,你永远也学不会。不论是离开一、两周的假期或是一个短途的世界游,至少尝试一次。

Don’t wait for people or hold back from living your dreams. You could be waiting a long time until someone finally says “yes.” There’s only now and if you don’t go, you’ll regret it.

不要为了等他人或是停滞自己追寻梦想的脚步。你可能会等很久直到别人最后说:“好。”只有现在,如果你说不去,会后悔的。

Because if I hadn’t stopped waiting, I’d still be in my cubicle, trying to convince Joe to go to Australia, and wondering if I’d ever get to see the world.

因为如果我没有停止等待,我还会被困住,尝试去说服乔一起去澳大利亚,也不知道是否有机会去看世界。

When I was seven years old, I would put my school book bag on both my shoulders and had it sit plumb in the middle of my back, as backpacks were made to do.

在我七岁那年,我会用双肩背书包,让它处在我背部的正中央,感觉双肩包就应该这么背。

One morning, when it was so frigid outside you could barely muster getting out of bed, my older brother joined me at the bus stop, and told me I was wearing my backpack wrong. He grabbed it, tossed it over my right shoulder with both straps on the same side and said, “There, that’s better.”

某天早晨,外面寒风萧瑟,冷到你根本不想起床,我的哥哥跟我一同在车站等车,他告诉我我的双肩包背错了。他一把抓过来,将书包和两侧的背带甩至我的右肩,然后说“看,这就好多了。”

Then he said, “You’re not pretty, so you have to try harder. OK?”

然后他说,“你不漂亮,所以你要更加努力,明白吗?”

I stayed smiling because even at a young age, I understood the importance of pretending to not have emotions. In my household, it was a matter of survival. But what he said crushed me.

我的笑容凝固了,因为即便在青少年时期,我也知道假装不露声色的重要性。在我家里,这是一种生存技能。但是他说的让我感到崩塌。

Soon thereafter, I started picking up on the signs one receives when they aren’t attractive. This was made more complicated because I had a lot of friends and people who, for the most part, liked me. I was good at sports. I had various musical talents and up until life completely fell apart at home, I was a good student. I was also a fighter so people didn’t dare make fun of me overtly, at least before growth spurts kicked in and the playing field was still even.

此后,我开始关注人们对于低颜值人的反应。这可是比较浩大的工程,因为我有许多朋友和家人,他们大部分时候还是挺喜欢我的。我擅长体育,具有各式的音乐天赋,而且直到我的家庭生活彻底支离破碎前,我也是个好学生。我同时也很好强,所以人们不太敢公然地开我玩笑。至少,在发育高峰之前,生活还是比较公平的。

Mostly, I paid for not being conventionally attractive by being ignored or not included in “moments” – the many moments attractive people experience.

很多时候,我因为没有高颜值而被人忽略或无法经历“某些时刻”——那些具有高颜值的人所经历的时刻。

Many times, I walked into a room with all of my friends and witnessed them receiving compliments – everyone except me. It’s not that people look at you say, “My god, you’re incredibly ugly. Tell me, how do you not kill yourself?” It’s how you can stand next to an attractive person and the people around you, even the unattractive ones themselves, will say, “Wow, your friend is pretty. Look at her, have you ever seen a girl so pretty?”

不知多少次我和我朋友一起走进教室然后看着她们接受别人的赞美,除了我之外每个人都有。也并非人们看着你说“天哪,你真是丑啊,你为什么还活着呢?”,而是你站在美女或帅哥旁边,人们围着你,甚至毫不起眼的人他们都会说“噢,你的朋友真漂亮。看看她,还有谁能美过她呢?”

It took me being observant and honest to see I didn’t belong. It took studying the aesthetics in photos taken by my friends and knowing something wasn’t quite right. It’s a lack of pride you know would be there if you were just prettier, or sexier. It’s that you simply know that no matter what you do, sans literal plastic surgery, you will never belong to a certain club.

我善于察言观色,而且很诚实,所以我知道我注定不合主流。我仔细研究我朋友照片中的美学,然后发现某些东西并非是真理。如果你仅仅是姿色更上一层或性感尤物,你却缺乏油然而生的自豪感。你明白无论你怎改变,除非整形,你永远不会属于高颜值的团体。

But here is where I throw you a curve ball: my being unattractive hasn’t stopped me from living the other side’s life. Most people never figure out how to navigate this world I live in. I will just tell you I rejected the rules of the beautiful, and learned how to make them work for me.

但是现在我给你一剂药方:我的不出众的相貌并不能阻止我拥有自己的生活。许多人在处于和我一样的境地时都不知道如何掌控他们自己的方向。我想告诉你的是:我打破了颜值定律并让他们变得有利于自己。

I decided I would shoot out of my league. I made friends and dated people I shouldn’t be allowed to date. I stepped over the line. I surrounded myself with individuals who are more educated, prettier or smarter than me, even in the face of people saying, quite literally, “they are out of your league.”

我决定扩展我的圈子,我和以前觉得不能交朋友的人交朋友,和以前觉得不能约的人约会。我越过了那条线,周围全是比我更有学识、更漂亮的人,甚至人们告诉我,非常实事求是的说“他们可不是你圈子里的人啊”。

I may not technically be the smartest or most beautiful person, but I run with those who are. I become by association, even a touch of such, even at a lower rank – beautiful. I buck the system.

我也许不会是最聪明最漂亮的人,但是我和这些人一同奋斗,哪怕仅有一点点提升,哪怕仍然没那么漂亮,我踢爆了这个固有的规则。

To do so, yes, means you may be painfully aware of what you are and will never be. You will be defined by what you have the nerve to aim at being. In doing so, you will challenge and question what smart is. You will not be generic, or predictable. Attractive is only what we define it to be. Don’t pigeonhole yourself so quickly. Live the life you want to live – even if you didn’t win the genetic lottery.

是的,这样做你也许会痛苦的发现自己的真想并再也不可能成为“漂亮”的人。你前进的目标将定义你自己。如此一来,你会挑战和质疑“聪慧”。你将成为个例或非等闲之辈。美丽仅仅是我们给的定义。别那么快的给自己归类,即使你没有天赋,也要活出自己的精彩。

Though there is much to be concerned about, there is far, far more for which to be thankful. Though life’s goodness can at times be overshadowed, it is never outweighed.

尽管人生有许多烦扰,但更多的是感恩。尽管生命的美好有时会被遮蔽,但从来都不会被超越。

For every single act that is senselessly destructive, there are thousands more small, quiet acts of love, kindness and compassion. For every person who seeks to hurt, there are many, many more who devote their lives to helping and to healing.

每一个愚蠢无意义的破坏性举动,都会带来更多的、成千上万无言的细小举动,包含着爱、善意和同情。每一个图谋伤害他人者,都会使得更多更多的人献身于帮助和抚慰别人的行动中去。

There is goodness to life that cannot be denied.

生命的美好不可否认。

In the most magnificent vistas and in the smallest details, look closely, for that goodness always comes shining through.

不管是最壮观的景色,还是最微小的细节,仔细看,美好事物的光芒总能穿透一切。

There si no limit to the goodness of life. It grows more abundant with each new encounter. The more you experience and appreciate the goodness of life, the more there is to belived.

生命的美好是无止境的。每一次新的相遇都会使其变得更加丰富。生命的美好,你经历得越多,你就会越发觉出其中的美妙。

Even when the cold winds blow and the world seems to be cov ered in foggy shadows, the goodness of life lives on. Open your eyes, open your heart, and you will see that goodness is everywhere.

甚至当寒风吹起,当世界被迷雾遮盖,生命的美好依然不止息。睁开你的眼睛,敞开你的心灵,你会发现,美好无处不在。

Though the goodness of life seems at times to suffer setbacks, it always endures. For in the darkest moment it becomes vividly clear that life is a priceless treasure. And so the goodness of life is made even stronger by the very things that would oppose it.

尽管生命的美好有时会遭受挫折,但它总能挺过去。因为在最黑暗的时刻,有一点却变得愈发地清晰:生命是无价之宝。因此,生命的美好会因为与之对抗的事物变得更加强大。

Time and time again when you feared it was gone forever you found that the goodness of life was really only a moment away. Around the next corner, inside every moment, the goodness of life is there to surprise and delight you.

经常,当你担心它永远地消失了的时候,你会发现,生命的美好其实就在身边。就在下一个拐角,就在每一个瞬间,生命的美好给你以惊喜。

Take a moment to let the goodness of life touch your spirit and calm your thoughts. Then, share your good fortune with another. For the goodness of life grows more and more magnificent each time it is given away.

花上片刻时间,让生命的美好触动你的心灵、抚慰你的思想。接着,将你的好运与其他人分享吧。因为,生命的美好与人共享时,会变得更加美妙。

Though the problems constantly scream for attention and the conflicts appear to rage ever stronger, the goodness of life grows stronger still, quietly, peacefully, with more purpose and meaning than ever before.

尽管问题经常困扰着你,尽管矛盾会升级,然而生命的美好会静悄悄地、无声无息地变得更加强大,并蕴涵着更丰富的信念和意义。


英语哲理(2)

英语人生哲理句子

1、Every man is his own worst enemy.
  一个人最大的敌人就是他自己。

2、Every profession produces its own best.
  行行出状元。

3、Constant dropping wears the stone.
  滴水穿石。

4、The secret of success is constancy of purpose.
  成功的秘诀在于持之于恒。

5、Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
  每件大事都是由一系列小事或者细节组成的。

6、Actions speak louder than words.
  行动比语言更响亮。

7、Nothing down, nothing up.
  不经历风雨,怎么见彩虹?

8、Saying and doing are two different things.
  说和做是迥然不同的两回事。

9、Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.
  有时,恋人间的分离不会令爱磨灭,反而会变得更深。

10、It is never too late to learn.
  活到老,学到老。

11、Misfortunes never come alone/single.
  祸不单行。

12、It is never too late to mend.
  亡羊补牢,犹时未晚。

13、Misfortunes come on wings and depart on foot.
  遭祸容易脱祸难。

14、Today must borrow nothing of tomorrow.
  今日事今日毕。

15、Experience is the mother of wisdom.
  经验是智慧之母。

16、Maturity does not lie in how old you are, but how strong you are to take on responsibilities.
  成熟不是看你的年龄有多大,而是看你的肩膀能挑起多重的责任。

17、Little compliments mean so much to me sometimes.
  有时,微不足道的一点肯定,对我却意义非凡。

18、Fear is a product of ignorance.
  一切的恐惧,都缘于无知。

19、From small beginnings comes great things.
  伟大始于渺小。

20、Some people succeed because they are destined to, but most people succeed because they are determined to!
  有些人成功,是因为他们命中注定要成功;但绝大部分人成功,是因为他们下定决心要成功!


英语哲理(3)

Do not , for one repulse , give up the purpose that you resolved to

effect .(William Shakespeare , British dramatist)

不要只因一次失败,就放弃你原来决心想达到的目的。(英国剧作家 莎士比亚.W.)

Don't part with your illusions . When they are gone you may still exist ,

but you have ceased to live. (Mark Twain , American writer)

不要放弃你的幻想。当幻想没有了以后,你还可以生存,但是你虽生犹死。((美国作家 马克吐温)

I want to bring out the secrets of nature and apply them for the happiness

of man . I don't know of any better service to offer for the short time we

are in the world .(Thomas Edison , American inventor)

我想揭示大自然的秘密,用来造福人类。我认为,在我们的短暂一生中,最好的贡献莫过于此了。

(美国发明家 爱迪生. T.)

Ideal is the beacon. Without ideal , there is no secure direction ;

without direction , there is no life .( Leo Tolstoy , Russian writer)

理想是指路明灯。没有理想,就没有坚定的方向;没有方向,就没有生活。

(俄国作家 托尔斯泰. L .)

If winter comes , can spring be far behind ?

( P. B. Shelley , British poet )

冬天来了,春天还会远吗?( 英国诗人, 雪莱. P. B.)

If you doubt yourself , then indeed you stand on shaky11 ground .

(Ibsen , Norwegian dramatist )

如果你怀疑自己,那么你的立足点确实不稳固了。 (挪威剧作家 易卜生)

If you would go up high , then use your own legs ! Do not let yourselves

carried aloft; do not seat yourselves on other people's backs and heads .

(F. W . Nietzsche , German Philosopher)

如果你想走到高处,就要使用自己的两条腿!不要让别人把你抬到高处;不要坐在别人的背上和头上

I love you not for whom you are, but who I am when I'm by your side

我爱你并不是因为你是谁,是因为你身边的不是别人而是我。

No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them won't makeyou cry.

没有人值得你流泪,值得你流泪的人是不会让你哭的。

The worst way to miss someone is to be seated by his/her side and know you'll never have him/her.

错过一个人最可怕的方式就是:坐在他/她的身旁,你却知道永远都不会拥有他/她。

Never stop smiling, not even when you'r sad, someone might fallin love with your smile.

永远都不要停止微笑,即使在你难过的时候,说不定有人会因为你的笑容而爱上你。

You may only be a person in this world, but for someone, you'rethe world.

你可能只是这个世界上的一个人,但对于某人来说,你就是整个世界。

Don't cry because it came to an end. Smile because it happened.

不要因为他的结束而哭,应当为它的发生而笑。

Don't struggle so much, best things happen when not expected.

不要做太多的抗争,最好的东西总发生在出乎意料的时候。

Do more than other* **pect you to do and do it pains

给别人比他们期望的更多,并用心去做;

Remember what life tells you;

熟记生活告诉你的一切;

Don’t take to heart every thing you hear. Don’t spend all that you have. Don’t sleep as long as you want

不要轻信你听到的每件事,不要花光你的所有,不要想睡多久就睡多久

Whenever you say” I love you”, please say it honestly;

无论何时说“我爱你”,请真心实意

Whevever you say” I’m sorry”, please look into the other person’s eyes;

无论何时说“对不起”,请看对方的眼睛

Fall in love at first sight

相信一见钟情

Don’t neglect dreams

请不要忽视梦想

Love deeply and ardently, even if there is pain, but this is theway to make your life complete;

深情热烈地爱,也许会受伤,但这是使人生完整的唯一方法

Never judge people by their appearance

永远不要以貌取人

Remember that the man who can shoulder the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme accomplishment

记住:那些敢于承担最大风险的人才能得到最深的爱和最大的成就;

Call you mother on the phone. If you can’t, you may think of herin your heart

给妈妈打电话,如果不行,至少在心里想着她

Don’t let a little dispute break up a great friendship

不要让小小的争端损毁了一场伟大的友谊

Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with reparation

无论何时你发现自己做错了,竭尽所能去弥补;动作要快!

Marry a person who likes talking; because when you get old, you’ll find that chatting to be a great advantage;

找一个你爱聊的人结婚;因为年纪大了后,你会发觉喜欢聊天是一个人最大的优点;

Life will change what you are but not who you are

欣然接受改变,但不要摒弃你的个人理念

Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past times in your old age will help you to enjoy your life again

过一种高尚而诚实的生活。当你年老时回想起过去,你就能再一次享受人生

Trust God, but don’t forget to lock the door

相信上帝,但是别忘了锁门;

When you quarrel with a close friend, talk about the main dish,don’t quibble over the appetizers;

当你和你的亲近的少吵嘴时候,试着就事论事,不要扯出那些陈芝麻、烂谷子的事

You cannot hold onto yesterday

不要摆脱不了昨天

Figure out the meaning of someone’s words

多注意言下之意

Do the thing you should do

做自己该做的事

Don’t trust a lover who kisses you without closing their eyes

不要相信接吻时从不闭眼的伴侣

Go to a place you’ve never been to every year

每年至少去一个你从没去过的`地方

If you earn much money,the best way to spend it is on charitabledeeds while you are alive;

如果你赚了很多钱,在活着的时候多行善事,这是你能得到的最好回报

Remember,not all the best harvest is luck

记住有时候,不是最好的收获也是一种好运

Remember,the best love is to love others unconditionally ratherthan make demands on them

记住,最好的爱存在于对别人的爱胜于对别人的索求这上;

In love and cooking,you must give 100% effort……but expect littleappreciation;

无论是烹饪还是爱情,都用百分之百的负责态度对待,但是不要乞求太多的回报。

He who would do good to another must do it in minute particulars; general good is the plea of the scoundrel , hypocrite and flat

行善总是具体的、特定的;抽象的、笼统的行善是恶棍、伪君子和献媚者的托辞

I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after

我只知道所谓道德是指你事后觉得好的东西,所谓不道德是指你事后觉得不好的东西

Mutual forgiveness of each vice, such are the gates of Paradise

相互宽容对方的缺点,乃是通向天堂之门

Nothing is easier than to deceive one's self.

再没有什么比欺骗自己更容易的了

There is , however, a limit at which forbearance ceases to be avirtue

克制也有个限度,超过了限度就不再是美德。

Wherever true valor is found, true modesty will there abound

真正的勇敢,都包含谦虚

Words may be false and full of arts ,sighs are the natural language of the heart

言语可以是谎言并带有技巧;叹息才是心灵的自然流露

Absence to love is what wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small; it inflames the great

离别之于爱情好比风之于火,它能将小火熄灭,使大火熊熊燃烧

Every man is a poet when he is in love

每个恋爱中的人都是诗人

Friendship is like earthenware: once broken, it can be mended; love is like a mirror: once broken, that ends it

友谊就像陶器,破了可以修补;爱情好比镜子,一旦打破就难重圆

Friendship is love without his wings

友谊是没有羽翼的爱


英语哲理(4)

1 Be honest rather clever.

诚实比聪明更要紧。

2 Being on sea, sail; being on land, settle.

随遇而安。

3 Be just to all, but trust not all.

要公正对待所有的人,但不要轻信所有的人。

4 Believe not all that you see nor half what you hear.

眼见的不能全信,耳闻的也不能半信。

5 Be slow to promise and quick to perform.

不轻诺,诺必果。

6 Be swift to hear, slow to speak.

多听少说。

7 Better an empty purse than an empty head.

宁可钱袋瘪,不要脑袋空。

8 Better an open enemy than a false friend.

明枪易躲,暗箭难防。

9 Better good neighbours near than relations far away.

远亲不如近邻。

10 Between the cup and the lip a morsel may slip.

功亏一篑。

11 Between two stools one falls to the ground.

脚踏两头要落空。

12 Beware beginnings.

慎始为上。

13 Big mouthfuls ofter choke.

贪多嚼不烂。

14 Bind the sack before it be full.

做事应适可而止。

15 Birds of a feather flock together.

物以类聚,人以群分。

16 Birth is much, but breeding is more.

出身固然重要,教养更且重要。

17 Bite off more than one can chew.

贪多咽不下。

18 Bite the hand that feeds one.

恩将仇报。

19 Bitter pills may have wholesome effects.

良药苦口利于病。

20 Blind men can judge no colours.

不宜问道於盲。

21 Blood is thicker than water.

血浓于水。

22 Bread is the staff of life.

民以食为天。

23 Brevity is the soul of wit.

言以简洁为贵。

24 Bring up a raven and he'll pick out your eyes.

养虎贻患。

25 Burn not your house to rid it of the mouse.

投鼠忌器。

26 Burnt child dreads the fire.

一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳。

27 Business before pleasure.

事业在先,享乐在後。

28 Business is business.

公事公办。

29 By doing we learn.

经一事,长一智。

30 By falling we learn to go safely.

吃一堑,长一智。

31 By other's faults, wise men correct their own.

他山之石,可以攻玉。

32 By reading we enrich the mind; by conversation we polish it.

读书可以使我门的思想充实,谈话使其更臻完美。